The founder in profile
Richard Pinot was born in Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam) in 1968 and grew up in Paris. He graduated from a German-French double degree program in Business Administration (Diplom-Betriebswirt FH & Maîtrise Sciences Economiques) at the German-French University Institute (DFHI) in Metz and Saarbrücken, majoring in Marketing and Finance.
After his studies, he worked for well-known German and French companies (AVS, BOSCH, VALEO, DAIMLER, MAN and SIEMENS), establishing and expanding long-term business relationships with French customers (RENAULT, RATP, GDF, EDF, etc.).
For the German-French friendship, he founded the XING community of „TABLES RONDES – Meeting Points for Francophiles“ with the voluntary support of about 40 moderators, who regularly organize events (regulars‘ tables, cultural meetings, lectures, seminars, city tours, etc.) for the approx. 4,500 members in 22 German and French cities.
After 11 years of service, he left SIEMENS and founded in August 2013 „FRANCE Industriepartner“, an HR consulting company that advises German and French companies on their HR recruitment and organizational development in the Franco-German business context.
Furthermore, he works as a lecturer in Intercultural Communication for Franco-German cooperation at various universities (HS Mainz, Université de Lorraine, HTW Saar, …) and educational institutes (CFALOR, Verein Deutscher Ingenieure, AQAS, …) and chaired from January 2015 to November 2018 the largest Franco-German alumni association © ASSOCIATION DES ANCIENS ELEVES DE L’ISFATES-DFHI (approx. 3,000 Franco-German graduates, 80% of them in engineering fields such as mechanical engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering, communications engineering, civil engineering and computer science).
FRANCE Industriepartner / Düsseldorf
Founder and managing director.
2003 - 2013
SIEMENS AG, Energy Sector
(Service for power plants) / Duisburg, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Berlin.
- Commercial Sales Manager for Oil & Gas Service Business in Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific.
- Strategic Purchasing Manager in the post-merger integration SIEMENS-DEMAG-ALSTOM.
- Commercial sales manager for generator modernization in the international business.
- Commercial project manager for cross-site increase of profitability and cost reduction in the business area of large gas turbines.
2001 - 2002
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG, Bus Division
(city buses and coaches) / Salzgitter
- Regional Sales Manager France & North Africa.
2000 - 2000
XCELLSIS GmbH, DAIMLER Group
(fuel cell drive) / Kirchheim-Teck
- Marketing Manager for the joint venture DAIMLER-ECOSTAR-BALLARD.
1999 - 2000
VALEO Elektronik GmbH
(sensors and switches) / Bietigheim-Bissingen
- Head of Marketing for the acquired company ITT-Automotive.
1997 - 1999
ETAS GmbH & Co. KG, BOSCH Group
(Software for control unit development) / Stuttgart
- Marketing Assistant.
German-French double degree program
in business administration:
- Diplom-Betriebswirt (FH), major in Marketing / FH Saarbrücken, Germany.
- Maîtrise Sciences Economiques, major in Finance / University of Metz, France.
BOSCH Telecom GmbH
(telecommunication systems) / Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany.
- Intern in International Business Development.
1991 - 1992
(television and radio stations) / Montreuil, near Paris
- Sales assistant in international business.